Hello children! I will tell you the tale of pushing the new site design to production!
Everything that could go wrong actually did! Here’s a series of events for you:
- The site looks different from the test server. What is even HAPPENING here?
- What the fuck? Why is my header information in the body? Google, please help.
- This seems to be an encoding issue.
- This isn’t working. I’m going to start at the beginning again.
- What the hell?? Did I just get locked out of my site??
- Now I’m at the whim of my host to answer my ticket ASAP and get me the fuck back here!
- Meanwhile, everyone who goes to the site sees a colossal fuckup and I can do nothing about it.
- I get my ticket sorted and I’m unlocked. Proceed to try solution again.
- Site reverted back to normal. Cheers! Uploading new files for the new layout.
- WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS HAPPENING I JUS– oh. I forgot to fix the encoding.
- Hurray!! 3 hours of internal screaming!!
I worked 4 straight days on this layout. I literally woke up, sat at my computer, and coded/did designs for like twelve hours straight. Then went to bed and woke up to do the same thing. My wrist is all fuckered up now.
Please enjoy the new layout. I’m going to drive down to my Anime-ZAP convention today. I hope this first time having a booth doesn’t scar me for the rest of my life. See you Tuesday.